Stockholm by Gabfire is a theme for online magazines with a clean, minimalist design.
This theme supports natively three WordPress 3 menus:
- one at the top of the page
- another one just below the header
- and the last one below the footer widgets
Gabfire Stockholm installs with thirteen custom widgets:
- Ajax Tabs
- Author Badge
- Custom Query
- Latest Tweets
- Share Items
- Text (with an icon)
- Text 2 (with a big icon)
With the Custom Query Widget you can display posts from one or more specified categories in a widget area, like for example the sidebar. You can define the thumbnail size as well as the length of the except for these queried posts.
The theme serves 23 widgetized areas:
- Featured 1 – above slider
- Featured 2 – below slider
- Sidebar 1 – on home page above entries
- Sidebar 2 – on home page below entries
- InnerSidebar 1 – on inner pages, above entries
- InnerSidebar 2 – on inner pages, below entries
- Main 1 – main widget bar, below featured left
- Main 2 – main widget bar, below featured mid
- Main 3 – main widget bar, below featured right
- Main 4 – main widget bar, middle left
- Main 5 – main widget bar, middle right
- Home-Content 1 – above wide column
- Home-Content 2 – below wide column
- Home-Content 3 – above entries on left narrow column
- Home-Content 4 – below entries on left narrow column
- Home-Content 5 – above entries on right narrow column
- Home-Content 6 – below entries on right narrow column
- Home-Content 7 – bottom of left and right narrow columns
- Post – between post and comments
- Page – below page entry
- three Footer Columns
Because of this large number of widgetized areas, the optional widget map might come in handy. By enabling the widget map in the theme panel, not only the homepage, but any page template will show you the available widgetized areas for that specific page.
The theme offers the following page templates:
- Full Width
- Left Sidebar
- Media (portfolio)
- Page (with subpage links)
- Right Sidebar
The Theme Options panel comprehends eight vertical tabs:
- Image Handling
- Manage Ads
- Custom Styling
The home page is composed at the Categories tab, and is assembled from the following elements: Featured Slider, Category Below Features, Secondary Content Left, Secondary Content Right, and Sidebar Posts.
Simply by applying a static blog page, the theme can also be used as a traditional blog.
Stockholm comes with five predefined color schemes. When any of these is to your taste, you can simply copy and rename one of the styles included with the theme and adapt it to suite your needs – your newly created style will show up in the Theme Stylesheet drop-down menu.
Additionally, at the Custom Styling you can set the font, size, and color of the body text and H2 headings, and add custom CSS code.
For the header style, the theme lets you choose from four options; from a logo with a search form, via combinations of your logo with one or two ads to a full image header.
Outside the panel, the theme adds modules for two custom post types: Quotes, and Multimedia Gallery. The latter complete with Gallery Categories and Gallery Tags.
The Featured Image is supported partly, meaning it will show up on index pages, but not on the single post page as the first image. If you would like to display the Featured Image also as the first image in a post, you only have to push the Insert into Post button, right next to the Use as a featured image link.
Gabfire Themes are available in two packages; the $59 Standard Pack and the $179 Developer’s Pack. With the latter you will get 3 bonus themes of your choice along with the purchased theme.
Either pack entitles you to theme updates, you are free to make any desired modifications, and you can use themes on multiple domains – for personal and client projects.